Iceland Heli-Skiing Trips
From steep couloirs to mellow long descents on the shores of the Artic Ocean, the skiing on Northern Iceland’s Troll Peninsula is filled with vast and exciting terrain.
This land of the midnight sun offers true adventurers extended daylight hours with more opportunity to rack up the vertical. Experience the magic of standing on breathtaking peaks and seeing the view from the top of the world. When your not skiing lines from mountain peaks to the ocean shore, you will enjoy all the comforts of Deplar Farm, taking Icelandic hospitality to an entirely new level.
The Troll Peninsula is the ultimate destination for adventure heli-skiing in Iceland. With over 1500 square miles of terrain including many unchartered runs within your reach, our professional guides will choose slopes appropriate for your group’s skill level – ranging from intermediate to expert. All ski runs boast breathtaking views of vast mountains, sea and sky.
• Average vertical run: 2500-3500ft
• Conditions: powder to corn snow
• High point: 4,583ft
• Recommended skill level: advanced intermediate to expert
• Professional photography
• 4 or 6 day trips available
• Professional guides
• Complimentary use of Wagner Custom Skis
• All avalanche safety equipment is included: transceiver, probe, shovel and airbag pack
• Private single or double occupancy room
• All meals prepared by in-house chef
• House beer, wine, & spirits
• Pre-trip planning
• Transfers to and from Akureyri Airport
• “No fly” activities including backcountry touring, snowmobiling, kayaking, surfing and stand up paddleboarding
Additional activities not included: horseback riding, whale watching, thermal baths, and the world renowned Herring Era Museum.
As with all Nomad trips, you have the option of being accompanied by a Nomad Ambassador who is also an experienced photographer to document your unique journey with professional images and make sure all expectations are completely exceeded. Leave everything to us; all you have to do is enjoy yourself!